5.11.2009

San Juan River













This latest trip is one to go down in the books.

We had great weather but besides that, everything that could possibly go wrong, did:

We didn't get the permit for the river we wanted.
Our oarlock ripped out of the frame...twice.
The second time it took our oar to the bottom of the river with it—lost forever.
We spent the last two days with someone rowing with an oar, and two people paddling with kayak paddles on the other side of the raft.
Our boat was so leaky it barely stayed afloat.
We got lost twice while trying to find hikes and bushwhacked through lots of brush.
Our last night we spent three hours trying to find camping,
then finally gave up and threw our bags down on some gravel and fell asleep exhausted.


And I've never laughed so much in my life.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha. That is why we all love you Michelle! You find a way to laugh in every situation. It actually does sound like fun. I would LOVE to have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Kenny won the mud fight.
    I love the format you put the pics in too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! I probably would've been laughing my head off too if that happened to me. Oh, and I'm totally loving your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, love your photos! Are those polaroids or did you use Poladroid? I was trying to make that program work on my computer the other day with no success. Looks like such a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm already jealous even with all of that. I miss trips like that. Not to mention your photos make it look like the best memory EVER. I sure miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.