2.06.2009

blink


I just finished reading blink by Malcolm Gladwell. It is a fascinating read about the brain and rapid cognition. Gladwell talks about the mass amounts of information our brain is constantly taking in and analyzing, and how we react to it all in the blink of an eye. We make conclusions and decisions without even realizing it. He gives examples of how rapid cognition affects our course of action in every aspect, from two people's first impression on a date, to an army general in the heat of battle. I really enjoyed the book, and would recommend it. Fascinating.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kinda book! Thanks for posting that, I've actually been searching for a new book recommendation:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like Blink, you should check out his new book - Outliers. I thought it was even better than the previous two. Very insightful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.