8.13.2008

let's get serious

This blog is overwhelmed by pictures—because pictures are my favorite part of blogs. Consequently, I don't spend a lot of time with text. Instead I inundate my blog with pictures of what I love. With how much stuff I throw on here, one might wonder if I use any kind of filter at all, or if anything that pops up onto the screen which tickles my fancy comes straight here. Well, a little bit of both.

The fact is, I love this blogging thing. Love it. Who knew? Never thought I'd say that. But I do. I love that I get to see so many beautiful things, and that I get to share them as well. I have a wonderfully satisfied feeling every time I create a new post and everything is lined up and organized on the screen. Maybe that's it...being able to put inspiration in some kind of order. Up until now it's been scraps of magazines, pieces of paper, left over ribbon, and old cards that are stuffed into folders, envelopes and shoe boxes. Now it's all lined up, labeled, and color coordinated. And that feels good.

I started this post with the intention of thanking everyone for the nice comments on my paintings! I really appreciated it. (Does anyone else get overly excited when they get comments on their blog?) But really, it was fun to share something that I did myself, which was the main reason for starting this blog in the first place. So now that my portfolio for the graphic design BFA program is done, (I turned it in two days ago! Huzzah!) I have much to share with you. And while I wait to hear whether or not I got in, I fully intend to let you in on everything I've been working on for the past four months. We'll get started in the next few days here...so thanks for stopping by and come back soon. I'll try to not make you read this much ever again, and stick with the pictures. :)

photo from pottery barn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.